College Counseling Institute (CCI) – The College Counseling Institute is a one-day professional development opportunity for high school counselors who want to learn more about helping their students with the college admissions process. Whether you are a new counselor or a seasoned veteran, we welcome you to join us for this great event. Counselors will have the opportunity to attend several sessions throughout the day with topics that include:
- Helping Students Find the Right Fit
- Application Case Study: Admit? Waitlist? Deny? You Decide!
- Writing Letters of Recommendation
- College Admissions & College Counselor Relationship
- Financial Aid & Scholarship Resources
- Counseling the College Bound Athlete
- Working with first-generation, low income students
- And more…
This year, CCI will be held at Westminster College on Friday, October 12, 2018, 9am-3pm (with an optional campus tour & tour of the National Winston Churchill Museum at 3pm).
This event is FREE for MOACAC members and $15 for non-MOACAC members. You must be logged in to your MOACAC member account in order to receive the discount.
Are you a seasoned college counselor looking for ways to get more involved? We are looking to grow our list of presenters for future PDC-sponsored events! Please send an email to PDC co-chair, Erin Stein (email@example.com) to express your interest in presenting, along with your presentation topics.
A proposed agenda will be added in the near future!