We are pleased to announce that 2019-2020 MOACAC College Fair Request Forms are now being accepted.
MOACAC continues to have a vested interest in collaborating with high schools to assist in the planning of college fairs to best meet the needs of your students. To ensure consideration for the College Fair Calendar, please submit your request no later than March 1st, 2019. Someone from our organization will contact you to finalize the day and time as it relates to other area requests.
The criteria for being added to the MOACAC College Fair Calendar for 2019-2020 requires for your fair to meet one or more of the following criteria:
- 100 or more colleges in attendance
- 500 or more students/parents in attendance
- 25 Mile Rule – if another school is having a fair within a 25 miles radius, try to combine the fairs
IMPORTANT NOTE: If your fair does not meet one of these criteria you are still welcome to host your fair. Please keep in mind though that it will not be listed on our calendar, resulting in possible conflicts with another fair’s date/time or limiting the number of colleges in attendance at your fair.
We strongly encourage fairs to last no longer than 90 minutes, with 2 hours being the max. We also urge you to consider collaborating with other area high schools that may have also hosted their own fair in the past. If you need help identifying these schools, please do not hesitate to contact us for suggestions.
Below we have listed the suggested week(s) for college fairs within each designated region of Missouri. College rep participation typically increases and travel expenses decrease, when we are more strategic with the scheduling of college fairs statewide by region. Please refer to the attached map to view the eight regions.
- St. Louis (September 15th – 21st & October 20th – 25th)
- Kansas City (September 8th – 14th & October 22nd – 25th)
- Central (September 22nd – 27th & October 16th – 19th)
- West Central (October 13th – 15th)
- Northwest (October 6th – 12th)
- Southwest (September 30th – October 5th)
- Northeast (September 25th – 27th)
- Southeast (October 20th – 26th)
We appreciate your efforts with this endeavor and, as always, we are committed to serving your students. We welcome any questions or comments regarding this process and look forward to fulfilling your request soon. Please note that schools that are selected to host a MOACAC college fair will be obligated to renew their MOACAC membership ($25) for the 2019-2020 year.
Jamie Staggs & Michelle Luraschi
MOACAC College Fair Co-Chairs