Westminster College – Admission Rep
POSITION: Admissions Counselor
REPORTS TO: Director of Recruitment
This position reports to the Director of Recruitment and is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of the College’s marketing and recruitment plan to achieve its enrollment goals. Moreover, this position requires an energetic, hardworking person with good interpersonal and communication skills to implement the enrollment marketing activities of the College. This person will work closely with prospective students, their families, counselors, alumni and colleagues to develop and sustain relationships that will help the college achieve its recruitment goals.
- Meet the enrollment goals for a designated recruitment area by preparing and executing an annual plan that will promote the College and attract prospective students. The plan will include fall and spring travel activities, special events, college fairs high school and personal visits within a well defined market area to ensure College visibility and territory coverage.
- Maintain regular contact and/or communication with prospective students, their families, and the high school counselors throughout the recruitment process and provide accurate and appropriate information about the College to all constituents.
- Ensure that the academic quality and personal character of student recruits meet Westminster standards for those recommended for review and admittance to the College, by personally reviewing student academic credentials, references and recommendations necessary for assessment prior to review by the Admissions Committee.
- Provide consultation and expert advice to management team for the designated region by maintaining accurate records of all recruitment activities for program evaluation and historical preservation.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience: One to three years’ experience in college admissions, sales or a related position.
- Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills and marketing skills required; must be enthusiastic, self-motivated and self-disciplined, organized, flexible and creative; attentive to details; must be computer proficient and possess exceptional telemarketing skills.
Offer direction to student interns and/or student aids that may be assisting with designated projects.
Must be able to assist with selected Campus Visit Programs
Provide counsel and support for inquiries and/or applicants from other states (not primary markets of responsibility):
Support other duties as assigned.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Must be able to operate standard office equipment and computer software for admissions programs. Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and provide own vehicle.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires standing and sitting for extended periods of time, as well as normal bending and reaching. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines. Requires a normal range of hearing and vision. Requires lifting a travel case or materials up to 25 lbs. May also require driving long distances and the ability to navigate city traffic.
Typical office environment with considerable amount of time dedicated to territory travel. Access to Internet connection, personal computer and fax, business line and cell telephones.
Contact: email@example.com for more information.
SIGNATURE:___________________ DATE: __________________________