Rockhurst High School is seeking a full-time high school College Counselor beginning in the 2018-2019 school year.
All candidates will possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, as master’s degree is preferred.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess three to five years of experience in college admissions or high school college counseling (strong preference given to those with 3 + years of direct recent experience)
- Possess the ability to respond effectively to the needs of a diverse student and parent population
- Be knowledgeable about college/university academic programs, admissions, and financial aid policies and procedures
- Possess attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Possess excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
- Demonstrate technical skills specific to the college counseling software program known as Naviance* and other programs such as social media, email marketing, and public relations
- Possess the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective internal and external working relationships
- Possess the ability to conduct business in a highly confidential and professional manner
- Be respectful of the values and mission of the institution
This position is defined as a full-time position. The length of service is 10 months, i.e., August through June with some flexibility. This position reports to the Director of College Counseling. The College Counselor shall be on campus each school day from 7:30 am until 4:00 pm. Occasional evening or weekend work or travel may be required.
Rockhurst High School serves the greater Kansas City area by educating Ignatian leaders, MEN FOR OTHERS, in the Roman Catholic, Jesuit college preparatory tradition. In the spirit of Saint Ignatius Loyola, its goal is the formation of the whole person within a diverse and disciplined environment, as one who is open to growth, strives for academic excellence, is religious, loving and committed to justice through service. The school, therefore, seeks applications from candidates who will foster and contribute this atmosphere.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with degree and experience.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, a completed RHS application (see PDF link below) and cover letter to Mrs. Fola Okediji, Director of College Counseling at Fola@rockhursths.edu by May 21, 2018.
Cover letters should highlight relevant education, experience and areas of expertise, provide a short statement of college counseling philosophy, and demonstrate how said experience, education and philosophy would add value to the community at Rockhurst High School.
Rockhurst High School Job Application – https://www.rockhursths.edu/file/principals-office/2017-18/Application-for-Employment—Non-Teachingfinal.pdf