Institution: MidAmerica Nazarene University, Olathe, KS
Job Title: Admissions Counselor and Territory Manager
Report to: Associate Vice President and Dean for Traditional Enrollment
This professional is responsible to manage an assigned territory and associated head count, quality and net tuition revenue goals. Must be able to anticipate project and admissions needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines with little supervision, be willing to work regular evenings and weekends, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers. This position is responsible for developing and communicating value-based and cost-based information to prospective students, families and the campus community.
- Develop and manage an assigned territory for recruitment
- Prepare and implement a recruitment plan for assigned territories
- Research, share and implement best practices in admissions with other territory managers.
- Follow-up daily and in a timely manner with inquiries, applicants, accepted and deposited students
- Effectively communicate with candidates for admission and other constituent groups using oral, written, electronic, and face-to-face mediums
- Meet with campus visitors, conduct campus tours when necessary and participate in informational and formal sessions regarding the university
- Recruit at churches, college fairs and build relationships with the high school counselors within the assigned territory of responsibility for the purpose of attracting and enrolling students into the undergraduate program
- Develop long-term relationships with Christian schools in an effort to procure a steady enrollment stream
- Make presentations to classes, clubs, organizations, athletic teams or community/civic groups as needed
- Evaluate student credentials to determine eligibility for admission and communicate with the student admissions decisions
- Schedule, plan and implement on-and off-campus admissions and college related functions as needed
- Actively seek professional development on an annual basis
- Prepare weekly activities and projects reports
- Prepare annual report of accomplishments, project summaries and goals and objectives achieved
- May perform other duties as requested by the Associate Vice President and Dean of Enrollment
- Team player with a collaborate style, must have the ability to effectively communicate with prospective students, their parents and a wide range of campus constituents.
- Detail oriented, goal motivated
- Adept at assessing opportunities quickly and successfully and have the ability to overcome objections through the presentation of institutional value propositions
- Ability and willingness to use a variety of methods and technologies for communications
- Knowledge of higher education and the admissions process desirable but not required, must have the ability to quickly learn University recruitment and the admissions, including core elements of the financial aid process
- Provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Previous admissions experience is preferred
- Candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Regular nights and weekends are required
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches.
- Valid driver’s license and successfully pass driving record check and annually thereafter.
- Must be successfully pass safe driving course at time of hire and as requested thereafter.
- Willingness to work flexible and extended schedule including weekends, evenings and overnights during travel seasons.
- Must be willing to travel up to one week at a time.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity and equality.
- Exercise excellent customer service skills and attention to detail
- Must be committed both personally and professionally to the mission and vision of MidAmerica Nazarene University
Please email Derry Ebert, email@example.com with resume and cover letter, if interested.
The above are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities and requirements of the job described. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.